A large swath of land in Rockingham, then outside of the city of Halifax, was purchased for the Sisters’ second Motherhouse and Academy for girls. Over the years, the building would expand to accommodate the increasing number of Sisters, novices, postulants, and Mount Saint Vincent Academy and College students. In January 1951, the building was destroyed by fire.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email