Sister Margaret’s life was all about enhancing the lives of others through music education. An accomplished artist in piano and organ, Sister taught music at MSV College as well as teaching private piano and organ students. She was a professor of Fine Arts, Education and Early Childhood Education at MSVU. Sister also taught at Shannon Park, Caledonia, Prince Andrew, Westmount Elementary, MSV Academy and at Mount Saint Agnes Academy in Bermuda. Sister Margaret served as choir director and organist in many Halifax parishes as well as Mount Saint Vincent Motherhouse, Mount Saint Vincent University and most recently at the Veteran’s Hospital. Sister was awarded the MSVU Jubilee Distinguished Alumna Award and her name is placed on the MSVU Women's Wall of Honour. Sister also found great joy in her work with a group of Associates of the Sisters of Charity.
A Sister of Charity for 29 years who was missioned in Dorchester, Needham, Waltham and at Mt. St. Vincent, Marillac Residence, Wellesley.
A Sister of Charity for 69 years who was missioned in Woodside, NY; Renton Washington; Alberta, Canada; Halifax, Nova Scotia and Bermuda. Locally; Lawrence, North Andover, Mount Saint Vincent, Wellesley and South Dennis.
This is a video of the closing ceremony of the School Sisters of Notre Dame Educational Center in Woodhaven, NY [...]
Sister taught music in Amherst, NS for several years before being assigned to the West where she taught music for over 30 years both privately and in schools in Vancouver, Burnaby, Surrey and Edmonton. Upon retiring in 1992, Sister returned to the Motherhouse where she contributed not only her musical talents but also became Archivist for the Sisters of Charity.
Catholic Press Association of the United States and Canada 2018 Award In the pastoral ministry category, first place went to Sr. Nuala Kenny SC for [...]
Sister Appollonia entered the Sisters of Charity in 1942 and made her first profession in 1945. Sister worked for 27 years in a variety of internal ministries in Vancouver and Kelowna B.C., Havre Boucher, Amherst, Micmac, New Waterford N.S. as well as the Halifax Infirmary, Mount Saint Vincent College and the Motherhouse. Beginning in 1972 she ministered at St. Vincent Guest House as Sacristan and in the Activity Department until her retirement in 1995.
Sister Nora entered the Sisters of Charity in 1951 and made her first profession in 1954. She taught school mainly in the Primary Grades in Rego Park, NY and at St. Stephen’s and St. Mary’s School in Halifax and St. Edmund’s, Winnipeg, Manitoba. On retiring from teaching she worked as a Home Support Worker which included Ministry to the Elderly in Winnipeg until her return to Caritas Residence in 2009.
On June 20, 2018, the Truth and Reconciliation panel was unveiled in the Heritage Garden on the grounds of Caritas Residence in Halifax, NS. [...]